Let me introduce you to my most cooked and consumed dish.
Since I am in contest prep and 4 weeks out of my competition I have to closely monitor what I am eating and this meal is a firm favourite.
Easy, tasty, yummy, healthy and clean recipe that packs a punch in the spicy department – perfect!
If you don’t like it super spicy, then just leave out the chili and fresh cayenne peppers.
Enough for 2 servings. Cooking time: 20 mins
Frozen cod (400g)
Turmeric (2 tsp)
Paprika powder (2 tsp)
Chili pepper (2 tsp+, depending on how hot you want it)
Cumin (2 tsp)
Fresh cayenne pepper (1/2 to 1, depending on how hot you want it)
Pepper (2 tsp)
Himalayan salt (1/2 tsp)
1) Finely chop the fresh cayenne pepper into small bits
2) Put the frozen cod and all the spices in a big pan, cover it with a lid and cook it on a medium heat (around number 4/5, or turn to just less than half) for 20 mins (since the fish will be cooking from frozen I don’t use any coconut oil as it will cook in it’s juices)
3) Grab a medium pan and bring water to a boil
4) Wash and cut your broccoli
5) When the fish has been cooking for 10 mins add the broccoli to the pan of boiling water and cook that for 7-10 mins (depending on how firm you like it)
6) After 20 mins – mash up the fish in the pan and fully mix so that every bit is covered in the spices and sauce
7) Drain the broccoli and serve
Nom Nom Nom!